Human Resources provides centralized personnel administration and employee relations services to all City departments and administers employee benefits.
Human Resources also coordinates all insurance related services for the City such as property and vehicle insurance as well workers compensation and disability.
Human Resources Office is responsible for the following:
- Recruitment of new employees (development of job descriptions/specifications and fliers, advertising, scheduling/coordination of screening processing and interviews)
- Internal recruitment and promotions
- Hiring new employee; pre-employment paperwork, ID card, and keys
- Orientation of new employees to the organization and its policies - personnel policies, performance evaluations, discipline and grievances, MOU's, and leave programs
- Administration of employee benefits
- Administer the City's Wellness Programs
- Employee relations matters with representatives of recognized employee organizations
- Assure that the City has fair and equitable policies and procedures that are uniformly interpreted and implemented
- Manage a City-wide training program and ensure compliance with all training mandates.
To apply for a job with the City of Taft you must submit a separate City application for each position you are interested in. Resumes will not be accepted in-lieu of a City Application.
All open positions will be posted on this site. You may also sign up for e-mail notifications to be notified when a position is open for recruitment.
View Current Job Openings